Joint Aquatic Resources Permit Application


Local, state and federal agencies work with the Governor's Office for Regulatory Innovation and Assistance to update and maintain the Joint Aquatic Resources Permit Application (JARPA) form. Larger print, more space for answers, and help links make the form easier to use.

The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife accepts applications for Hydraulic Project Approvals (HPAs) through their new online Aquatic Protection Permitting System (APPS). Using APPS, you may submit and pay for your HPA application, view the status of your submitted applications, and receive HPAs issued to you. A link to APPS is available at:

You may use APPS to apply for a Hydraulic Project Approval only. JARPA is still used to apply for permits from other agencies.

APPS allows applicants or authorized agents to produce a draft JARPA that includes the information they submitted in their online application. They can then complete the JARPA outside of APPS and submit it to other permitting agencies that use JARPA.

Call Before You Dig Call 811 for a FREE underground utility locate. State law requires anyone planning to dig to call 8-1-1 at least two business days before digging.

For updated mailing addresses, go to JARPA Contacts.


JARPA form and instructions
Where to send your completed JARPA

JARPA Process

This is your one-stop for information to help you with the Joint Aquatic Resource Permit Application (JARPA) process.

Learn what JARPA is and what permits you can use it to apply for.

Process Overview
Important information to consider when filling out your JARPA form and moving through the regulatory process.

Download an electronic version of the JARPA form with on-line assistance information available on a question-by-question basis. Additionally access other helpful handouts to help you fill out your JARPA.

JARPA Contacts
Contact information for the agencies who can help you.

Let us know what you think

We want to make this site a valuable resource for everyone who might need an environmental permit. Send us your suggestions so we can update and add information to the site. If you have a general comment, we want to hear that too.


Thank you to the local, state, and federal governments who participate in managing the joint application form:

  • Local governments
  • US Army Corps of Engineers
  • US Environmental Protection Agency
  • Department of Ecology
  • Department of Fish and Wildlife
  • Department of Natural Resources
  • Department of Transportation