Aquatic Farm Registration

What is the purpose of this registration?
Registration is required by the Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) for any aquaculture operation, including those culturing food fish, shellfish, and certain aquatic animals. Quarterly reports on production are required. In addition, a permit is required to transfer live fish products within the state.
Who issues this registration?
Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW)
What activities require this registration?
Culturing or transferring food fish, shellfish, and certain aquatic animals.
How much will this registration cost?
Where can I get the application for this registration?
The application is called 'Aquatic Farm Registration Form' is online and can be accessed at
Do I need to include anything with my application?
  • A site drawing of your operation.
  • Proof of ownership on parcel (tax statement or lease agreement).
  • The $105 application fee.
  • A copy of the beach certification issued by the Washington State Department of Health.
Is the decision on my registration dependent on anything besides the information in my application?
How long will it take to review my application?
7-10 business days.
Where do I submit my application?
Mail your application to:
    WDFW Licensing Attn: Aquatic Farm 600 Capitol Way N Olympia, WA 98501
How long is my registration valid?
Does not expire.
What is the appeal process for the registration?
Does not apply.
Notes / Comments:
The WDFW Licensing Office issues the Aquatic Farm Registration, and an Aquatic Farm Registration Form can be obtained by calling their office. They can be contacted at (360) 902-2464.
Legal Authority:
Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW)
1111 Washington Street SE
Olympia, WA 98501
Telephone: (360) 902-2200
Triggering Questions:
  • Will you cultivate food fish, shellfish or other aquatic animals?
* Permit information last updated 5/20/2019