Temporary Worker Housing License of Approval

(TWH, Labor Camp, H-2A Housing)
What is the purpose of this permit?
The temporary worker housing license is required by RCW and establishes minimum health and safety standards for temporary worker housing and cherry harvest camps.
Who issues this permit?
Department of Health
What activities require this permit?
A new facility that meets the definition for TWH 246-358, change of ownership, annual renewal.
How much will this permit cost?
Licensing Fee Schedule Regular Temporary Worker Housing and Cherry Harvest Camps
Fee TypeAdministrative PortionFacility Portion
Licensing$50$4.00 per occupant at maximum annual occupancy
($90.00 minimum total licensing fee)
Licensing - Self-Survey Program$50$0
Late$100 (Late fees are in addition to licensing fees)
Where can I get the application for this permit?
The application is called 'Temporary Worker Housing License Application' is online and can be accessed at https://www.doh.wa.gov/LicensesPermitsandCertificates/FacilitiesNewReneworUpdate/TemporaryWorkerHousing/ApplicationsandForms.
Do I need to include anything with my application?
Application must be completed and mailed in to DOH with fee payments
Water Sample Results (for group B Water systems)
Camp Management Plan
Certificate of Occupancy
Revised Camp Management Plan Checklist
Is the decision on my permit dependent on anything besides the information in my application?
An on site survey conducted and approved by Department
Where do I submit my application?
Submit application to:
Department of Health Revenue Section
PO BOX 1099
Olympia, WA 98507
How long is my permit valid?
Temporary Worker Housing Licenses have an annual expiration date of February 28 or February 29 depending on the year.
Legal Authority:
Where can I get permitting assistance?
Web page URL: https://www.doh.wa.gov/LicensesPermitsandCertificates/FacilitiesNewReneworUpdate/TemporaryWorkerHousing
Helpdesk phone: 360-236-3393
Other: Technical Assistance is supported and given by Inspectors, Licensing Lead and Program Supervisor.
Department of Health
Office of Environmental Health and Safety
Environmental Public Health Division
PO Box 47824
Olympia, WA 98504
Telephone: (360) 236-3393
Email: housing@doh.wa.gov
Website: https://doh.wa.gov/
* Permit information last updated 10/20/2022